Looking to learn more about the vibrant team that makes Adroit happen? You’ve come to the right place!
First off: please visit our Staff Masthead page to learn more about our staff.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Inkling Lit Academy
Program Manager Role (part-time)
Start Date: ASAP
The Inkling Lit Academy program manager’s main role is to plan, organize, and oversee the Inkling Lit Academy. This includes:
- Selection and implementation of educational remote learning platform
- Develop and set the curriculum outline
- Recruit and hire faculty
- Work with teachers to develop specific curriculum for each grade
- Establish best practices and train faculty
- Manage faculty
- Communicate with students and parents
- Coordinate with Ellipsis on coaching module
- Provide progress reports to Inkling partners
- Develop student and program assessments
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum (master’s degree desired)
- A minimum of five years of middle-school or high school teaching experience, preferably in a private school
- Administrative experience (department chair or non-profit)
- Understanding and experience working with multiple nationalities or have an international background
- An active literary community member and advocate
- Communication. Able to clearly and concisely deliver information to a variety of audiences.
- Collaboration. Interpersonal skills are necessary for working with faculty, students, parents and Inkling partners.
- Decision making. Selecting and creating education programs that fit an organization requires well-thought-out decisions.
- Leadership. Must be able to effectively oversee and direct a team.
- Instruction. Must understand the concepts of teaching to help develop the education curriculum.
- Critical thinking. Able to assess and analyze current programs and know when and how to implement changes when necessary.
- Innovative. Ability to problem solve, come up with creative ideas and see them through.
Commitment and Compensation
- Time commitment: heavy upfront time commitment to recruit staff, develop curriculum and evaluate learning platforms, etc. Once staffing and systems are in place, expectation is five hours/week, peaking to 10 when in session.
- In 2025, as Inkling expands, the role will increase in time demands and expectation and compensation will reflect this expansion.
- 2024 compensation: $20,000.
- Start date: immediately.
Start Date: ASAP.
Prose readers get the first crack at all submissions in their specified genre, and are expected to review fiction and nonfiction (and hybrid) submissions regularly and consistently. Reviewing submissions includes voting, providing comments, and participating in occasional discussions about pieces on the bubble. (Est. commitment: 3.5 hrs/week.)
We are fully open to all readers and writers. At this time, we are not open to staff readers of other internationally-staffed unaffiliated literary journals. Publications that consider solely campus work, or work with specific geographic eligibility requirements, do not apply to this restriction.
As we seek to fill open positions sooner rather than later, we consider applications on a rolling basis.
***Unless otherwise specified, all positions are remote in nature & have a start-date of ASAP.***
*Note: You may apply for more than one position with similar or identical Adroit statements if you feel the statement discusses experience, engagement, and enthusiasm in the realms of both roles.
*At this time, all roles are volunteer-based unless otherwise stated.
Please feel free to ask questions or inquire for more information by emailing email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!